Tienakker Convent
The British headquarters here in Wijchen was located in this old convent. The monument recounts the story of the Sisters of Tienakker, who had to deal with the German Wehrmacht, patients from the Sint Jozefgesticht and refugees from Nijmegen. From the end of September 1944, it then became the British headquarters. King George VI also paid a visit to boost the morale of the troops. At the front of the entrance to the Kloosterpark stands a monument providing further information. The convent is now privately owned.
The convent is now privately owned.